-->

History

The St. Andrew's Episcopal Church Mission held its first services on November 14, 1948 at St. John's Lutheran Church, Robstown. Members of the Brotherhood of St. Andrew from the Church of the Good Shepherd, Corpus Christi, were responsible for our gathering. Our name was chosen in honor of these first missioners.

The plans for moving into Five Points area began in early November 1981 under the leadership of the Reverend John Thompson. Early servies were held in the Chapel of the Clifford Jackson funeral Home on Violet Road. In May 1982, the servies were moved to Mount Tabor Chapel Convent, through the kindness of the Sisters of the Order of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph.

Plans for the main building began in December 1981 followed by our groundbreaking on December 15, 1983. The present worship space was then dedicated and consecrated on November 7, 1984. Soon thereafter we found the need to expand our facilities by adding classroom and office space. This addition to the original nave and fellowhip hall was completed and dedicated on March 16, 1988. In 1990 additional classrooms were added with the portable building behind the church. In early 2013, the orginal Parish Hall under went a remodel to update the space and provide additional seating during fellowship opportunities. The restrooms were also updated and brought up to ADA standards.

Additional plans for expansion, including a new nave and sancturary, additional classroom and meetings spaces are still to be realized.